So here a list of stuff that's not worked as it should, recently.
1. EZ Cool PC PSU - Dead, pain caused, significant wastage of time.
2. Corsair Force 3 SSD - Dead, pain caused, minor catastrophe, loss of last blog entry.
3. iPhone 4 - Son's sticky phone button, pain caused, considerable worry and a good few hours wasted.
4. Motorola Atrix(s) - dead ear pieces, pain caused, massive by Everything Everywhere and some time wasted fixing it.
5. Nintendo 3DS - Region coding issues, pain caused, time wasted browsing web trying to pin this down, only partially resolved.
So there we are, WHY I spend (waste?) time writing this, because all this stuff that should work, dies.
Of course I have lots of stuff that is ancient and still works, an over 10 year old Hitachi 17" monitor, now used as our home CCTV monitor, maybe one or two failed pixels, but otherwise fine, though obsolete.
Then there are the Panasonic Plasmas, a 42", pre 1080p display, works fine, now about eight years old, and a 58" one that is now about 4 years old, and going strong.
Oh but then there's the rubbishy Hitachi 42" plasma, just about clinging to life, and my 3D Samsung 59" PS59D550, which has had its 'issues' shall we say, and still has one.
However the stuff that has died, well it shouldn't have if it was better built, and the time wasted on fixing and/or replacing these things, I would rather not waste. Anyway, gory details to follow, starting with the 3DS, in short I love the 3D, good product, but the 'Nintendo political region coding' is unforgivable. There are perils related to someone buying one as gift for your children, from abroad. Their regions are 'custom', not old the PAL, NTSC etc. one could live with, but wired, apparently undocumented, 'sub-regions'. More on that in the next entry.